We can provide a range of specialist services in the area of insolvency law. Our Insolvency team take a practical and commercial approach when advising creditors, debtors and Insolvency Practitioners to achieve the best possible outcome. Our expertise in this area includes:
– Issuing bankruptcy and winding up petitions on behalf of creditors and advising in relation to any representations made by the debtor
– Advising creditors as regards the terms of any voluntary arrangement proposed by the debtor and attending creditors meetings
– Advising debtors in relation to their options depending on their financial situation and preparing self petitions for bankruptcy
– Acting for debtors in relation to defending insolvency proceedings on the basis of disputed debts and/or ability to pay
– Advising Insolvency Practitioners in relation to a wide range of legal issues including applications for repossession, applications to extend the period of bankruptcy/administration and challenging any transactions which are contrary to the Insolvency rules.